Insider Dealing in Hong Kong – Overview & Update
Please join Julia Charlton for a webinar on 2023 Insider Dealing in Hong Kong – Overview & Update at 5-6.30 pm HKT 13 October 2023.
The webinar is accredited with 1.5 CPD points from The Law Society of Hong Kong.
About the Webinar:
The webinar will cover the following topics and participants may enroll via the registration page.
- – Introduction and overview of the laws on insider dealing
- – Definition and scope of insider dealing under the Securities and Futures Ordinance including discussion of what constitutes inside information
- – Defences to insider dealing including discussion of recent key cases
- – Consequences of insider dealing, officers’ liability, the SFC’s use of section 213 SFO to make insider dealers compensate investors
- – Summary and discussion of recent key cases
- – Discussion of the importance of Chinese Walls to provide a defence to insider dealing and intermediaries’ obligations under SFC Codes
- – Summary and discussion of the SFC Consultation Conclusions on the territorial expansion of, and other changes to, the SFO’s insider dealing regime
· Enrolment limited – enrolments will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
· Please note that we accept no liability for any non-availability for any CPD Point(s) for any participants whatsoever.