Please join us for a webinar on the HKEX Consultation Paper on SPACS at 5pm HKT 28 October 2021
Please join Julia Charlton for a webinar on The HKEX Consultation Paper on SPACS.
CPD accreditation from the Law Society of Hong Kong is being sought.
About the webinar
The webinar will cover the following topics:
- Introduction and overview of the Consultation Paper
- Overview of the key terms in respect of a SPAC
- The De-SPAC Transaction and the Successor Company
POTENTIAL BENEFITS TO LISTING SPACs ON THE HKEX AND AREAS OF CONCERN
- Potential benefits to SPAC investors
- Benefits of SPAC Transaction and the time-to-listing
- Issues identified by the HKEX in relation to SPACs
PROPOSED CONDITIONS FOR LISTING
- Investor suitability and eligibility
- Trading and open market requirements
- SPAC share price and minimum market capitalisation
- SPAC promoters and directors
- Continuing obligations
- The DE-SPAC Transaction
- Eligibility of SPAC Targets
APPLICATION OF THE TAKEOVERS CODE, LIQUIDATION AND DE-LISTING
- Application of the Takeovers Code to the De-SPAC Transaction
- De-listing and liquidation requirements
- Enrolment limited – enrolments will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Please note that we accept no liability for any non-availability for any CPD Point(s) for any participants whatsoever.